This Isn't Really Happening: A "Real" Dream Collage

I pull up outside your house and
extend my leg as far as it goes to push the brake because
it’s hard to reach it from the passenger seat then you
come outside and you’re 3 feet nothing and your clothes
are too big and you look up at me and I’m your big sister’s
friend but we’re going on a date? how old are you, I’m thinkin’, you must have gotten younger
since we first met.
You hop in the driver’s seat and I put it in drive, flick the blinker on
press on the gas and we’re off.

Up up up we go flying past birds and trees and buildings
look there’s my school and outside there’s all the kids who go there
and look there’s my college right next door
I can walk between the two
and now my teeth hurt a little.
I feel something in my mouth spit it out crap it’s my left incisor.

Turn on the radio and talking is on I rest my head on my shoulder
the little boy can drive.

Jerk awake and I’m in English, but it’s not James, it’s Michael.
Jay is sitting next to me and is talking about some club and the cupcakes and brownies
and rape and world hunger and maybe they’re going to sell pizza next time
because the caf’s pizza sucks what’re you doing this weekend?

I wasn’t paying attention, Ayoh was trying to pass me something.

Teacher says, “Anyone want a shot?”
Hannah’s laughing and I’m not sure why but
my desk is uncomfortable I’m antsy and I can’t relax and Ali didn’t pass it so

“I’ll take two.”

because now we're in your house, the 3 of us now i'm alone with Her
and i'm loooking for something and She knows exactly where it is,
She
knows you better than
i
ever will

i spit out a handful of teeth
now they're spilling out

Hope there's a dentist in dreamland.